Thursday, October 24, 2013

Victory.

It has only been a month and 13 days since I felt so deeply saddened by our tooth decay situation that I was on my hands and knees praying for guidance, wisdom and hope. This past month has been so inspirational and life changing for our family. The way we are eating and feeling has done a complete 360. My daughter no longer asks for tea and refers to it as "shew shews". She signs for more fermented cod liver and butter oil. She eats squash, broccoli, kale and bone marrow. She drinks a whole cup of broth from a mason jar. Her body knows what it needs. Her body is thanking me. --Her hair is growing and glowing.
-Her nails have to be cut constantly.
-Her teeth and hard and she is biting into things with them!
-Her vocabulary has blossomed, she is speaking in full sentences at 22 months old!
-Her appetite is fulfilled by healthy fats and vegetables. She never asks for bread or biscuits and only one or two fruits a week!

I have a side by side picture of the difference a month of strict diet change and supplements has made but I'm hesitant to share it. Not many people believe in the power of nutrition and I have no tolerance for ignorance. I can share that I posted it in a private group called Cure Tooth Decay and my inbox has blown up with questions and praise from people who I have given hope to. So today I feel whole and hopeful. I prayed for this peace while having a breakdown Sunday and my God does not disappoint. 

I need to write another post with what we're doing step by step but I just don't have the time. Here is a comment I shared with a stressed out mom in the same place I was emotionally when I started this blog.
The gelatin gummies have been a HIT and I'm so excited about them. I got the recipe from WellnessMama but it's so easy! Just 8 teaspoons Great Lakes Gelatin and 1/2 cup of juice. I used beet kvass and fresh squeezed lemon. Added a tiny bit of raw honey, heated it just enough to solidify the gelatin, popped it in the freezer for ten minutes and then cut it into ugly little squares. Note to self:get a mold. I also whisked in the living streams probiotics before putting it in the freezer. She has eaten them all in 2 days! 


Remember when I said I couldn't cut out fruit from our lunch? Well I did. For weeks now we've been eating zucchini instead of grapes and it's been a welcome change. 

While I cook dinner this angel alternates from broth to raw milk. She truly is my superstar. (Look at that hair!)

People ask what we snack on constantly. Today we ate some squash and kale sautéed in butter. A little effort and gluten is a thing of the past. 

She has been much more energetic (as well as I) since adding in magnesium flakes and oil to our protocol. 

The one thing that is stressing me out is the laser frenectomy scheduled in Charlotte for November 5th. I am SO nervous about it but hopeful at the same time. I really hope that this is the last piece of this complicated puzzle I have been so lucky to endure. ❤

2 comments:

  1. This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. Keep it up. . I know something information, to know you can click here

    reverse osmosis
    bottled water

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post. I fully support natural remedies, especially for kids :)

    ReplyDelete