Monday, September 16, 2013

Paleo Starbucks Lemon Cake with Glaze

I have been craving my favorite Starbucks treats lately. Fall is in the air, pumpkin spice is covering my Instagram feed, and let's face it, being healthy isn't very fun.  So upon my quest for a fall treat that my pooks can eat, I found this recipe for Paleo lemon cake.

 Now, last time I cooked with coconut flour it didn't turn out very well. But THIS...THIS was amazing! 

 I didn't even have vanilla and it turned out perfect. After this, we made more bone broth and completely pigged out! Being healthy doesn't have to be boring. It just takes more work than opening a box. I used Coconut Secret flour from Vitacost (surprise) and local honey. 

Some great books and Facebook pages to check out for recipes like this would be: Beyond Bacon, Paleo Parents and The Coconut Mama.

**It is a day later and I have eaten the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment